news & tips
I think I have Achilles tendonitis…what do I do?
Tips On Healing an Achilles Tendonitis Quickly
At Home Treatment
- Rest your leg. Avoid putting weight on your leg.
- Ice it.
- Compress your leg.
- Elevate your leg as much as possible.
- Take anti-inflammatory painkillers such as Advil
- Use a heel lift in your shoe
- Practice stretching and strengthening exercises as recommended by your doctor, physical therapist, or other health care provider.
Contact our offices Laurel Foot & Ankle Center or Northern Virginia Foot & Ankle Associates and schedule an appointment today.
To learn more about Achilles Tendonitis, go to Heel Pain Institute of America and Laurel Foot & Ankle Center or Northern Virginia Foot & Ankle Associates.
Francis J. Smith, D.P.M., A.B.F.A.S.
Board certified in Foot Surgery and Michael A. Klein, D.P.M. A.B.F.A.S.
Board certified in Foot Surgery